At St Leonards Physio by the Bay our aim is to provide “Best Practice,”
a combination of evidence-based treatment and advice, together with a client-centred approach.
In assessing your needs Neil will take a detailed history, taking into account your current and previous episodes, expectations and beliefs. A clinical and functional assessment will then direct the following discussion about the management of your condition and available evidence-based treatment options. Where it is possible you will be advised of the range of options to enable your choice in how best to proceed with your treatment.
Once a management plan is agreed upon, treatment can take many forms depending on the individual differences, but over a course of treatment may include:
- Mobilisation or manipulation (hands on treatment)
- Specific active, or passive (assisted) exercises
- Strengthening exercises (using weights, bands or body weight)
- Clinical Pilates (reformer, trapeze, floor or Swiss ball)
- Dry Needling
- Development of strategies and lifestyle related activities, to assist in the short to medium term recovery phase & maintaining a long term, preventative aspect to your self-management.
In most cases you will be given written instructions of the agreed treatment plan and advice discussed on the day. To ensure you fully understand & remember, you may be encouraged to write the given instructions in your own words or even photograph / video details with your phone.
The follow-up recommendations will vary for individuals but will involve communication of goals, progress and outcome of management, with follow-up reviews & reassessment scheduled as required.